Monday 22 October 2007

Bandit Trophy

OK, so this was the day after my birthday party! not ideal and i never made the first race which i later found out ment i could qualify. The bandit trophy is a 100 minute persuite race!! And only two races both to count which sucks ass!! Anyway i rigged the laser, again because my moth had fallen through, and went for a sail to see if i could keep up my good score card of late. The race itself was sailed in a force2 for the majority sometimes dropping to nothing. I lead the laser for most of the beat until i made a wind shift error and was court on port by a starboard boat, 720 time!, this put me a good 200 yards behind wilf who altho being around 70 is still hard to beat when its sub planing, which it was. I court wilf up on the 3rd lap about 50 mins into the race, we also court the race leader at the time, and i very tactical wilf sailed me into another boat so once again a 720 for me. However i now wanted the raced and court wilf up with just 5 mins to go but alas i could not find a way past and had to settle for second only a minute behind wilf..... Was a gud day and i proved that a race can be won even if u have a bad start or make a few mistakes.....

No comments: