Tuesday 25 March 2008

Easter Trophy

Well with not doing the laser SB3 this weekend I thought I would do the Easter event at redesmere in the laser. I had the standard rig up and the wind was a force 4 during the squalls. Anyway race number two, race one for me cos i was helping Nya with an Easter egg hunt, started with an average start for me. I sailed into fourth spot and stayed there really, I made loads of mistakes and was generally rusty all over the show. After an hour break for lunch we started the third race, I had a bad start but after which managed to pull through to have a tussle with Joe Hanson, who was sailing very nicely, but my hands were getting very cold and I was struggling to hold the main sheet..... this led to a capsize to windward and end of the race, I knew if I went in again I would be I liability, so I retired for the day. I was pleased that I could straight leg hike for the whole of a race and not feel too tired.. All told I am now buying some neoprene gloves and a shorty wetsuit to go under my hikers this should solve the issue of cold hands. On a side note I am now entered for the SB3 WORLDS!!! awesome stuff!

 

cheers

Jimmy

No comments: